12.11.08

One of Countless Ramblings

12.11.08
"Forgive, O Lord, my little joke on Thee and I'll forgive Thy great big one on me." - Robert Frost. Funny, funny man.

I'm at a standstill. I find myself in an irredeemable situation where I lose on both choices. I find myself at crossroads where each one leads to rocky cliffs that would lead to certain death. The proverbial yellow brick-road crumbles into a dirt path where nothing is certain, and everything is a myriad of abstracts and non-existence. I want to cry out to the skies, but then I remember that I have no right. No right, no right- a fiend cast from the lofty realms.

But then again, on the plane in between, are beings higher than those above, and deeper than those below. I find myself among them, in the company of immortals who chose the void, of creatures who thrive in non-belief, of men who are their own gods. It was beautiful, so impure, that I found myself drawn to the dark allure.

I wake. It was not a mere dream.

And so the week-long hiatus becomes longer than a week.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

At dahil "religion" ang isa sa labels ng post na ito, magkwekwento ako ng isang relihiyosong kwento na matagal ko nang gusto i-GM wala lang talaga akong time...


For six days, God created Heaven and Earth and everything in them. And on the seventh day, He rested.

One day, a very evil nerd created the University of the Philippines...and we NEVER rested!