6.2.09

Para Kay Petras

6.2.09
Have you ever felt that strange heaviness when something you never gave a damn about is suddenly, brutally snatched from your grasp? And because of that loss, you suddenly care. But you can't do anything about it, because the damage has been done and you can't take it back.


Earlier today, something horrible happened in my Panitikang Pilipino 12 class. My professor asked a question, something that we should have easily answered had we read the references, yet we didn't utter a single word. Not one of us said anything.


That triggered a series of unfortunate events where the professor scrapped the previous roll-call and instead based attendance on whether we brought our readings or not. It was a disaster because not even half the class brought theirs. So we received an earful- how he was so disappointed, how he cannot believe that we are students from UP...stuff that a teacher, who actually teaches, would say. Then he dropped the bomb. PanPil12 Section WFR1 would no longer hold classes and would meet only for exams and submission of papers. Then he dismissed us and walked out of the class.

He actually said more that cut us to the quick, but it's either I forgot them or I just can't bring myself to face them again. The turth hurts, huh.

I felt and still feel like crap. And believe me, it's a lot worse had you heard his words first-hand.

I need to cheer up. Maybe I should go bash Twilight. That never fails to give me the LOLs. :D


P.S. Hi to my PanPil12 classmate, Rosie! Check out her blog, Stercus Accidit (i.e. Shit Happens. You gotta love anyone with "shit" in their names/blognames/etc.) I finally got to visit your space. Loved it, mon amie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.o

Nung bandang second year tayo, ganyan ang ideya ko ng UP Prof. Nawala yung ganong ideya bandang fourth year. Nawala siyang tuluyan nang ako ay makapasok sa UP. Bumalik bigla dahil dito. /_\

Watta. Parang T. Nomer lang ah. May ganyang istorya siya sa III-Pelaez nung tayo'y first year pa lang e. Buti yung Socio10 ko hindi tulad niyan (although yung klase namin ay tulad lang niyang dinescribe mo). Kundi, baka matagal nang free ang TTh 11.30-1.00 ko.

Anonymous said...

Hi! :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

This seems an interesting blog you have. I'll go read some.


Wanna exchange links? :]

Anonymous said...

so our dear professor petras had a nazi moment. it was not unjustified, however. i think we should je suis desolee as soon as we can muster up enough courage to do so. naloka ako sa nangyari, but then... oh, well. stercus accidit. gotta face it. :))

p.s. i don't remember half of what he said either... i blacked out after he gave out the five remaining class days. after that i was just thinking "ohnoohnoohno..." and doodling.