23.5.09

My Crappy Soundtrack

23.5.09

CRS is being its usual, annoying, slow-as-molasses self, and it's pissing me off. I'm pretty sure some of you can sympathize with my plight, so excuse this product of my boredom.

Here's the sorta-kinda-maybe soundtrack of my life (I wanna feel like my life's a boring movie, so just humor me, okay? Thank you). So far. Some songs just leave a lasting mark, some actually tell a story about me, and some I like just for the heck of it.


T H E P L A Y L I S T ;)


30 Seconds To Mars - From Yesterday - 'On a mountain he sits, not of gold, but of sin' - Sometimes, we stay seated, and the mountain grows higher and higher until we could no longer see the bottom. The mountain never stops growing anyway, but we could retard its growth, erode its body with measures only we know of. But we never do, do we?



The Cardigans - Lovefool - Ia-chan knows my fascination with this song when we were high school seniors. She knows it sooooo well since I can't help but belt it out every time the beautiful Narcissus named Michael Blancaver would pass by in a swift sprint, his hair rippling in the wind, his supple limbs carrying him away to...*ahem* Sorry. Got carried away.


Switchfoot - You - This made me realize that faith is a precious gift I have yet to receive.


Jason Mraz - A Beautiful Mess - Practically every song of Jason Mraz could leave a mark (because he's a songwriting genius, who's hot to boot, but that's beside the point), but this one...just surpassed everything he has ever written. In my opinion, at least. I won't go into detail why this song is here. It just is, and I'm happy for that.

Jason Mraz - Love for A Child - 'What about taking this empty cup and filling it up with a little bit more of innocence' - For someone who deserved a carefree childhood, one with lesser pain and responsibility, you know who you are. Thank you.


Hawthorne Heights - This Is Who We Are - Just plain wicked. I don't need a reason to like it. :D

The Used - Paralyzed - The song's kooky and fun, despite the highschool drama lyrics.



Staind - Everything Changes - Because everything changes. It's just too bad that we realize it a little too late, sometimes.


Jimmy Eat World - The Middle - Never fails to inspire without sounding like a guidance counselor on crack.


Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know - 'Does she know how you told me you'd hold me until you died, till you died, but you're still alive' - Always makes me think of the typical bastard who cheated on his girlfriend, only with this song, the scenario in my head involves his tied-up corpse, lots of blood, a satisfied ex-girlfriend and the bottom of a nearby lake. :D






Smash Mouth - All Star - 'Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb' - The best wake-up call that I've ever had. Statistics isn't everything. Numbers do not make the world go round. We can go on with our lives believing the crap that others feed us, but at the end of the day, those figures don't and won't matter. What will matter is you. Me. Us. After all, it's our lives. We make it happen. Not the diploma. Not the number of digits in our paycheck. Not those exchange rates in the newspaper. Not the amount of people above the poverty line, nor those below it. It's easier said than done, but it's probably for the best.

...

So...that's that. I most likely will encounter more songs that would tickle my fancy for good in the near future, but as of the moment, that is IT. Share your own soundtracks, will ya? ;)

2 comments:

chad said...

Waw Rona! Inaantay kong lumabas ang Red Hot Chili Peppers* at MCR. Well, people change don't we? :)

On "A Beautiful Mess": I uber agree. Kasama ng "I'm Yours" pinerform niya yan sa Nobel Prize Concert.

Ah. Titigil na ako dito bago pa mahalata kung gaano ako ka adik... :D

==============================
*Am I correct in assuming you liked (note the past tense, seeing that it didn't appear on your list) Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Allyne said...

How can I ever forget Lovefool Rona-chan? haha! Oh well, shipper ka na rin pala ni Jazon Mraz :D Gotta admit, that guy IS good... way beyond good.